Victorian Heights Assisted Living, part of the Iron County Medical Care Facility complex, seeks a casual status Medical Health Associate to join their dynamic team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to lead, a willingness to collaborate with other staff, and be in good mental and physical condition to organize, administer and chart medications, tenant care planning, and assist in the management of tenants in our well-established facility. The ideal candidate is patient, tactful, and enthusiastic in the handling of tenants and their care.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MEDICAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to tenants.
- Assist in care and management of the community.
- Check apartments routinely to ensure tenants are being provided the care required and/or requested.
- Make observations and recommendations by making walking rounds of community, document pertinent tenant
- Daily and monthly documentation, as assigned.
- Carry out instructions of director (walking rounds, visiting tenants, reporting of changes in condition, accidents, prepare/administer/chart medications, etc.).
- Confer with director; answer questions from team members.
- Answer questions from tenants, family members, visitors and customer service staff.
- Maintain community and use of supplies/equipment; requisition supplies, services, equipment.
- Perform TB skin testing for new employees; dispense flu vaccines for employees.
- Participate in staff/ tenant teaching and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION. $21.53 per hour in addition to a flexible, casual status work schedule.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR MEDICAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE.
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Ability to prepare and pass medications as ordered.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and tenants.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at victorianheights.net