Calling all Product Development Managers/Fashion and Apparel Designers to join the iconic Stormy Kromer brand in either our Ironwood, Michigan headquarters or remotely for the right candidate.
If you have experience in trend forecasting, design, and prototype development, we have a great career opportunity for you with an option to work remotely from anywhere in the Midwest. While we’re hoping to fill this position in our Ironwood, Michigan office, remote working is a possibility for the right candidate.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the thrill of developing and creating exciting new products for this iconic brand, employees enjoy health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT/FASHION & APPAREL DESIGNER.
- Serve as product development project manager to ensure deadlines at met.
- Schedule/lead team meetings and work closely with engineering to ensure a smooth implementation of product development processes and prototypes.
- Lead trend forecasting and design for each season.
- Oversee patternmaking, prototype development, grading and fitting of all products.
- Produce tech packs and product adoption sheets for all new products.
- Maintain consistency and accuracy of information flow between design, development, marketing and production.
- Assist Purchasing Director in sourcing new materials and trim.
- Develop best practices and improvements for the product development process.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to ensure accurate representation of new products in marketing and advertising.
- Proficiency with industry software (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, pattern making software) required.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
Strong candidates for this position have 5 years working experience in this industry, however, your creativity and product development knowledge matter most to us. In addition, a degree or certification in Apparel Design, Fashion Design, Product Development or an equivalent field is required.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.