Easy Ice continues to grow and seeks an experienced Accountant to join our team in Marquette, Michigan. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within Easy Ice. If you have a strong background in accounting, are able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential, we want to hear from you!
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $17.00 – $22.00 per hour, based on knowledge and experience, along with a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, life and short-term disability insurance, a flexible spending account and ample opportunity for career advancement.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTANT.
- Maintain/reconcile accounting and general ledgers by verifying and posting transactions.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling/analyzing account information.
- Perform banking functions (check deposits, recording ACH & other electronic deposits/payments).
- Responsible for Fixed Asset financial reporting (recording cost of newly acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, accounting for the deposition of fixed assets).
- Manage/track receipts.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting/analyzing/summarizing account information & trends.
- Assist with 1099’s and audits.
- Develop and implement process improvements.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Prepare/process transaction tax (sales/use, business & occupation, gross receipts, and/or property tax) returns and corresponding payments for monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Research transaction tax issues.
- Interpret/comply with state, local and international statutes, regulations, and legislation.
- Prepare for, and assist with, transaction tax audits.
- Provide guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Degree w/Accounting emphasis.
- 3 or more years’ experience as an Accountant, required, with working knowledge of accounting functions and related internal controls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets and general ledger.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and a team-orientated personality that works well independently and with individuals and groups locally and at our remote locations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com and/or Accounting Seed software, a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to self-prioritize tasks, manage competing priorities, and remain organized.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.