McGann Building Supply
McGann Building Supply, a lumber and hardware supply store, seeks an experienced Building Materials Estimator to join our team in Hancock, Michigan. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment, interesting and challenging work covering everything from sales through project completion, and aspire to be in a management position, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUILDING MATERIALS ESTIMATOR.
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates on building construction projects.
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Provide clear and detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize contractor’s quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents, and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Complete and monitor budgeting and scheduling for projects, monitor progress, make necessary requisition change orders and identify any potential risks.
- Maintain relationships with contractors and clients.
- Ensure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for materials.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday 7am – 5pm and offers a starting wage of $40,000 annually with ample opportunity to advance into a management position. In addition, we offer health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and paid vacation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
- Previous experience in building material estimation of large/small construction building projects, desired.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the construction field or a directly related industry or position, required.
- Graduate from engineering, architectural or construction management program, a bonus.
- Proficiency with estimating software and spreadsheet design.
- Ability to use CAD programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, budgets and schedules.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
INTERESTED? Apply online.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. McGann Building Supply is an independently owned, well-established lumber, building material and hardware supply store serving the area for more than 68 years. Our team members are experienced and committed to providing top-notch customer experiences. Learn more at mcgannbuildingsupply.com.