ThermoAnalytics (TAI) seeks a dynamic, results-oriented DevOps Engineer to join their product development team in either Calumet or Novi, Michigan. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our product development organization and handle the daily responsibilities supporting the software programming, test and release needs of multiple agile teams. This includes configuration identification, change management, build and release management, version control, source code auditing/reporting and solution stack development/deployment.
Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer.
- Evaluate/implement/maintain software build processes & automation tools to support software product development.
- Develop/manage software release & deployment processes/infrastructure/tools to support software development.
- Develop/manage software configuration management processes, infrastructure and tools for advanced research and production development.
- Implement/manage production software build and test environments.
- Design, implement and deploy tech stack.
- Advise on technologies and tools to support development and test environments.
Compensation/Benefits. $75,000 – $95,000 annually, based on knowledge and experience, in addition to an extremely rich benefit package and employee stock ownership. To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
Qualifications Required of the DevOps Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience, required.
- 3+ years’ experience as a build engineer, required.
- Continuous Integration system deployment and maintenance, required.
- Demonstrated experience in process automation and improvement.
- Demonstrated programming experience in C++.
- Software build process/deployment automation in Linux & Windows environments (Bamboo preferred).
- Software build industry standard tools (Gradle, Ant, Cmake, Qmake, etc.).
- Software Configuration Management industry standard practices and tools (Subversion preferred).
- Installation, setup and management of build servers.
- System administration in Linux and Windows environments.
- Great team attitude and desire to work with a small group of your peers, without hierarchy or politics.
- Strong analytic & problem solving skills; ability to self-prioritize tasks and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to self-manage/adapt in a fast paced, high demand environment with changing priorities & direction.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience & Skills Desired of the DevOps Engineer.
- Software licensing and usage monitoring technologies (FlexLM, Revuytics Usage Intelligence preferred).
- Production software development.
- Artifact repository design and deployment (Artifactory, Ivy, Nexus).
- Agile software development (Scrum and Kanban preferred).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ThermoAnalytics is a passionate leader in developing thermal, fluid-flow, and infrared modeling software. Our business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading edge technology with the simple values of a rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. Learn more about us at thermoanalytics.com.