VanAire, a military friendly employer, seeks skilled, full-time General Laborers to join their team in Gladstone, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GENERAL LABORER.
- Work closely with the Production Manager and entire VanAire team on a day-to-day basis to meet customer demand and solve problems.
- Grinding and deburring parts for packaging or next machine operation.
- Light machining.
- Stage product in production cells.
- Organize products; clean and sort parts.
- Organize and clean production floor.
- Assemble packaging for outbound shipments (crates, pallets, boxes).
- Willingness to assist other production areas when needed.
- Adhere to company quality and safety standards.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $11.00 – $13.00 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to company paid medical insurance, Health Saving Account, retirement plan w/maximum 3% company match, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness activities, and tuition reimbursement programs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A VANAIRE GENERAL LABORER.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting or as a general laborer, preferred.
- Ability to effectively operate light machines.
- Reliable transportation and impeccable attendance record, required.
- General knowledge of inventory and quality control.
- Ability to follow safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A positive, collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
- Ability to pass a physical and drug screening along with capacity to lift up to 50 pounds in performing the functions of this job.
INTERESTED? Apply online.
ABOUT US. Learn more at vanaireinc.com