VanAire, a military friendly employer, seeks skilled, full-time Machine Operators to join their team in Gladstone, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MACHINE OPERATOR.
- Required to set-up, adjust and operate a variety of CNC machines; adjust tools and replace as necessary; perform maintenance of machines; and perform pre-production and program prove-outs related to changes in new products and tooling.
- Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation.
- Selects and secures fixtures onto machine.
- Positions work piece against stops and guides.
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition work piece, change dies, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes.
- Inspects or measures work using rule, gauges, and templates.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $11.00 – $15.00 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to company paid medical insurance, Health Saving Account, retirement plan w/maximum 3% company match, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness activities, and tuition reimbursement programs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A VANAIRE MACHINE OPERATOR.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Previous experience operating a CNC Haas Machine, preferred.
- Ability to use and read gauges, calipers, tape measures, pin gauges, dial indicators and micrometers along with other measuring devices.
- Ability to use and understand shop math.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and be able to detect visual defects.
- Experience working with metals preferred.
- Ability to pass a physical and drug screening along with capacity to lift up to 50 pounds in performing the functions of this job.
INTERESTED? Apply online.
ABOUT US. Learn more at vanaireinc.com