Signature Research, Inc.
Signature Research seeks a Software Development Manager to join our team in Calumet, Michigan. If you are an experienced leader who appreciates unique technology, are a good communicator, and enjoy working with ambitious clients and smart teammates on exciting projects, we want to hear from you!
The Software Development Manager supports and develops Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) programs in the evaluation of signature management technologies, weapon system survivability, operational analysis, and ISR (Intelligence, Search and Reconnaissance) focal areas.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $100,000 – $125,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a comprehensive benefit package and flexible work schedule.
CHARACTERISTICS WE SEEK IN THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field PLUS 10 years’ working experience in this field.
- You are hands on. We expect leaders to improve operational efficiency and develop a vision that leads to long term success of developer teams. Leaders will need to acquire in-depth domain knowledge about all aspects of our products, and to us, the best way to acquire this knowledge is by rolling up their sleeves to code, configure, and test alongside their team.
- You seek to be a role model and good ambassador for our core values, can lead by example by setting expectations and context, and possess a shared passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- You are comfortable with owning business goals. You must actively manage development activities of key components and initiatives owned by the team; encourage an environment that provides creative solutions to solve execution problems along the way to meet project timelines.
- You cultivate a high performing team culture that attracts talent and continuously strives to improve team morale. You are excited to develop engineer’s careers and goals.
- You communicate well with the employees and customers. You provide product owners with scope estimates and high-level milestones for evaluations of upcoming projects and work closely with the scrum team in an agile environment to ensure work is consistently sequenced, digested, and completed at a reasonable velocity.
- Knowledge and experience delivering code to production (i.e. developing code to create and process synthetic imagery for modelling and simulation purposes).
- Possess experience in the Agile software development processes.
- Experience in both ray tracing and raster rendering techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with imagery generation to support requirements compliance, sensor development, and/or training systems a plus.
- You are able to work in a fast paced, high security office setting; no telecommuting.
- You possess (or are able to apply/qualify for) a Department of Defense security clearance and relocate to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- You are able to occasionally travel to various locations in the United States (10% – 20%).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. Signature Research is a high technology, rapidly growing small business supporting a wide variety of Department of Defense programs with offices in Calumet Michigan and Navarre Florida. This position is an opportunity for exciting and challenging work with tremendous growth potential. Signature Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.