Peninsula Fiber Network, LLC (PFN)
Peninsula Fiber Network, LLC (PFN) seeks a full-time Technical Support Specialist to join their team in Marquette, MI. This entry level position will provide support to the technical operations team in the delivery of carrier grade telecommunications services to our customers, perform administrator functions for our back-office systems, and provide IT support for our in-house users.
- Create, deliver, and manage records of Network Maintenance Notifications
- Create, deliver, and manage records of Network Abuse Notifications
- Monitor service level agreement (SLA) key measures and regularly report for delivery to customers and or vendors
- Provide in-house IT support
- Create, submit, track, and report status of Access Service Requests (ASRs) with carriers
- Perform administrator function for back-office systems including M4, eLation, Microsoft Office suite, etc.
- More duties as necessary
COMPENSATION Peninsula Fiber Network puts great value in the Technical Support Specialist position by offering a wage of $40,000 – $50,000 a year depending on knowledge and experience as well as an excellent benefits package including a simple IRA with company contribution, insurance including health, dental and vision, paid holidays, and paid time off.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field preferred; experience or alternative degree may be considered in lieu of required education
- Experience in complex corporate systems environment with a wide variety of information management systems, networks and telecommunications technologies
- Proficient in operating a personal computer and software applications pertaining to job function
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs required including ability to function as system administrator
- Experience with the Telecommunications Industry is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
Apply online at pfn.hirescore.com!
ABOUT Peninsula Fiber Network, LLC (PFN): PFN is a rapidly expanding fiber optic telecommunications company headquartered in Marquette Michigan. PFN was formed by Baraga Telephone Company and Hiawatha Communications, Inc in 2006. PFN now provides transmission services through the entire Upper Peninsula, Northern Lower Peninsula, Northern WI and into Eastern MN. PFN’s parent companies have in excess of 190 combined years of operational experience in bringing transmission services to the rural telecommunications marketplace.
Learn more at https://www.pfnllc.net/